A 1-Day Workshop
Course Design and Objectives
There is the belief that only large companies that have large quantities of hazardous chemicals should establish a sound process safety management strategy. This myth is discussed in the session. The need to differentiate a strategy for Process Safety to Occupational Safety is also discussed. Finally the different strategies for a sound Process Safety Management System are introduced and key elements explained.
Who Should Attend
H&S personnel - Engineering Staff - Plant Engineers - Regulatory Staff - Staff Working in Hazardous Areas
Introduction to PSM
- OS Management vs. PS management – different objectives, different strategies
- What is process safety management?
- Notable Accidents involving process safety and business case for PS
- The “Large Company / Covered Quantity” myth about PSM needs
- Recent accidents involving small chemical quantities
- The warning signs of a deficient PSM system
- What is a process safety management system?
- Covered processes and applicability of national codes and standards
- Performance based versus prescriptive standards
- The OSHA PSM Standard
- Elements of the PSM Standard
- Process safety versus process risk
- The CCPS RBPS System
- Key recommendations to leadership for improving or adapting an effective Process Safety Management System
You will learn:
- The importance of process safety management
- Key regulatory requirements related to process safety
- How process safety principles apply globally to companies of any size
- The key features of an effective process safety management system
- The differences and benefits from OSHA PSM standard, vs CCPS Risk Based Process Safety Elements
- What Leadership must focus on to encourage success in process safety
- The foundation needed to design or upgrade a process safety management system
Course Evaluation Sheet
|Thu, Mar 30, 2017||Princeton, NJ, United States||$595||Register|
|Thu, Sep 14, 2017||Princeton, NJ, United States||$595||Register|
Chilworth Technology, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 12100 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 130, Reston, Virginia 20190, 703-234-4065.