Attracting, developing, and keeping safety talent is a growing challenge facing organizations today. Experts predict a dramatic shortfall between the increasing need for safety professionals and the number of qualified candidates who will be available to fill these roles. Changing demographics have created greater competition for talent. In safety we are now seeing "inverted bell curves" where talent is weighted heavily at senior and primary positions, with insufficient qualified succession pools at mid-levels.
Keeping up with the growing demand for safety talent and safety competence clearly requires a robust safety talent strategy that extends beyond traditional staffing approaches. DEKRA Insight’s expertise in developing safety talent strategies bring capabilities and thought leadership that helps organizations:
- Create a tailored talent management strategy that supports specific safety objectives
- Recruit top talent into safety leadership roles
- Build safety into the career path of high-potential leaders
- Develop a career path and growth targets for safety professionals
- Create robust succession plans to sustain safety leadership ranks
- Position leaders at every level to advocate effectively for safety
- Equip leaders in the Boardroom and C-suite to assess and address organizational risk
The goal of all talent management strategy is to build a "talent rich" organization: a place where there are enough of the right people in all the right places to support the company's safety vision. DEKRA Insight's capabilities allow you to identify where you are and where you want to be—and who you need to get there. DEKRA Insight capabilities include:
- Safety talent assessment – DEKRA Insight experts can help you evaluate your organization's current safety talent strength and create a plan for filling gaps and building the human platform for realizing safety and organizational strategy.
- Safety talent strategy development – An effective safety talent strategy draws on good talent management practice to support safety objectives. DEKRA Insight experts help you do this with a plan that strengthens the natural partnership between safety and the business while optimizing individual contribution, growth, and retention.
- Integration of safety with talent management systems – Talent search, assessment and selection, and retention all support an organization's strategic objectives—including safety. DEKRA Insight can help you make sure that your systems do more than fill open positions. We help you align short and long-term safety objectives with talent management systems, engage safety talent in the ongoing success of the organization, and build mechanisms that provide opportunities to facilitate career track progression.