UK Process Safety Operations for DEKRA Insight Move to Environmentally Conscious Campus
Southampton, UK - July 23, 2015 – Global consulting, testing, and advisory firm DEKRA Insight welcomed guests to the grand opening ceremony of their new Chilworth premises, Phi House at Southampton Science Park on 16th July 2015. The ceremony marked the culmination of 18 months of careful planning to accommodate the ongoing growth of the UK operations.
The Southampton campus provides the UK team with:
- A dedicated laboratory wing increasing capacity and enabling the business to reduce testing lead times to customers
- An adjacent instrument manufacturing laboratory to the goods receipt area, minimising manual handling operations
- Enhanced employee experience including natural light, with all office and meeting spaces having at least one glass wall to ensure light flows throughout the building
- Increased environmental credentials as the company seeks to minimise its carbon footprint throughout. The building is equipped with;
- state of the art video conference facilities, reducing the need for business travel,
- insulated external walls and high efficiency energy recovery boiler system with fully thermostatically controlled radiators,
- LED lighting (with absence detection and isolation) to reduce power consumption.
- individual fume hood controls
Regional Director and Project Director Stephen Rowe commented, "We are delighted to officially open our new facility after months of very diligent work by all the teams involved. The result is an outstanding facility built to the highest standards of safety and environmental efficiency that will enable us to grow in pursuit of our mission "Making Work Safer." Combined with our recently gained ISO9001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditations, we look forward to working closely with our customers to increase workplace safety and build positive safety cultures through the provision of our process safety testing, consulting and competence development services. We are extremely grateful to our parent company, DEKRA SE, who has shown a great deal of support in our mission and in this project."
Among the attended guests were Caroline Nokes, MP Romsey & Southampton North, performing the official ribbon cutting and DEKRA board member and Head of the Industrial Business Unit, Ivo Rauh, speaking to assembled staff and guests during the day. Tours of the new facility were led giving guests an opportunity to see staff hard at work in their new facility.
About DEKRA Insight
DEKRA Insight (http://www.dekrainsight.com) is the global consulting, testing, and advisory firm that is making work safer for organizations around the world. A service unit of the safety organization DEKRA S.E. (http://www.dekra.com/en/home), DEKRA Insight is made up of legacy businesses BST, Chilworth, and RCI Safety. Together we help organizations improve organizational and process safety and implement software solutions in support of safety performance to save lives, prevent injuries, and protect assets. DEKRA Insight has over 500 employees, and growing, in 22 offices and 16 countries.
# # #